Thursday, December 3, 2009

Welcome Home Baby

I had my Welcome Home Baby visit today. A nurse from the local health department came to visit me and my parents, and checked in on how things are going. I was having a nice sleep when she arrived, but once Mom was finished answering the nurse’s questions, they woke me up so I could visit, too. She checked me all out and confirmed what my parents already know – I’m absolutely perfect. I weighed 6 pounds, 13 ounces, which means I am right on track for the goal of being back to my birth weight by my two week check-up.

The nurse also showed my Mom and Dad some of the tricks from “Happiest Baby on the Block,” a class that is offered locally based on a popular book. I was putty in her hands as she swaddled me in a special way, then soothed me right to sleep. It was heavenly! Now my parents have some great tools for helping keep me content when I’m feeling less than happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment